Electronic File Manager
The electronic file manager is a key element when implementing an Electronic Administration solution needed by your organization (See Electronic Administration).
Your public employees will be able to process citizens’ files, guided by the procedure flow chart, with the creation of documents from templates, electronic signatures and telematic output records.
We have it. Our electronic file manager is
|A web application,||It allows telecommuting, mobility of inspectors, etc.; in https|
|Fully integrated with electronic administration services||Electronic registration and records, electronic signatures, electronic document managers, third party databases, electronic notifications, SMS, emails, procedure databases, electronic forms, correction requirements, resolution records|
|With electronic headquarters,||It preloads forms; it transfers data from forms to file; it switches phases of files; documents to be consulted by citizens|
|With complete file management features,||It models all objects of file management, with over 200 services, in accordance with Law 30/1992 (LRJAP-PAC) and Law 11/2007 (LAECSP)|
|It is very flexible,||Adaptable; paper, electronic and semi-electronic files, with / without workflow, or partial workflow; territorial areas (province, island…)|
|Integrable with business applications,||Independence for different bodies (it does not include business information); via web services and “business entities”|
|And highly configurable for administrative procedures||Workflow Bonita + parameter setting in the electronic file manager (phases, procedures, tasks, documents, templates, notifications, requirements, resolutions, etc.); with / without workflow, or partial workflow; complete workflow (tasks) or simple workflow (phases); reusable processes (requirement; notification; resolution; communication; certification; etc.); copying of existing procedure to create a new one; subprocedures: exceptions to main flow (withdrawal, notification of change of data, contribution of documents; etc.)|
|User roles||Multitude of predefined permissions; “functional areas”: e.g. permission to “process task” some tasks of some procedures; “territorial areas”: e.g. permission to “create file” only for files of a province of the autonomous community|
The general work cycle of the electronic file manager is the following:
1. The manager user authenticates him/herself and logs into the application.
2. It has a “Document Inbox”, where you can see the applications submitted, and other possible input documents.
3. Input documentation (application, communication, claim, etc.) can generate a file.
Or can accompany an existing file (correction, withdrawal, reports from other bodies, etc.).
4. The user has a “Task list” where s/he can process the tasks of the files. The tasks are generated from the workflow tool, where the flow chart of the different administrative procedures is implemented.
When the user selects a task from the “Task list”, a specific “processing screen” is displayed for the task in question.
Public Administration is currently in a process of profound change in order to offer citizens electronic services which comply with Law 11/1997 on Electronic access to public services for citizens.
The different public bodies launched projects a few years ago to offer electronic services, some have been completed and are available to citizens and others still find themselves in the implementation process.
The change is complex. The administration is used to working with paper and manual supports, and must now receive training to work with electronic means. Administrative procedures must be simplified; as a consequence, regulation changes may take place, and there will definitely be changes in the internal organization. This means that the implementation of the Electronic Administration project must be progressive, supervised, and continuous.
DESIC has contributed and is still contributing to the implementation of Electronic Administration in several bodies of Public Administration, providing the following services:
1. Implementation of basic services: telematic records, electronic signatures, document managers.
2. Implementation of electronic headquarters. It can receive applications from citizens, provide a telematic input record, obtain their electronic signature and save it in their document manager.
3. Implementation of the electronic file manager. Your public employees will be able to process citizens’ files, guided by the procedure flow chart, with the generation of documents from templates, electronic signatures and a telematic output record. When this is integrated in the electronic headquarters, citizens will be able to see the status of their files, keep track of the documents provided, receive notifications and provide required information / documents.
See our Electronic File Manager. It has very high performance and will bring added value.
4. The procedures deal with something your Organization is competent in. You already have applications that manage these data? It’s time to integrate them in the electronic file manager, in order to maintain these data automatically from data received in citizens’ applications. And if you do not have these data, we can offer you our application development services.
5. You will probably need to exchange data with other Bodies and/or Entities: send data to the corresponding Ministry, request reports from other Bodies, etc. It is important to develop automatic processes which enable to interoperate with others, and avoid managing this manually.
- Simplification of Administrative Procedures. Your Organization must deal with files in less time, with fewer documents, and fewer requirements for citizens.
- Organization changes. Public employees must adapt and use the new tools. We offer guides for managers, and training for employees.
- Regulatory changes. Electronic tools entail changes in the way of doing things.
- Structure of the Electronic Administration.
We help you to compose this system like a puzzle with all its pieces:
- Integration with other systems;
- Basic services: telematic registration and records, electronic signature with @firma, document manager with Alfresco, workflow manager (flowchart) with Bonita, etc.;
- Electronic headquarters;
- Electronic file manager; see our Manager, It has very high performance and will bring added value;
- The Body’s own applications; see our Application development services;
- Interoperability with other Bodies and entities;
Taking into account the elements you already have, and providing complementary solutions which suit your Organization best.
- Implementation of Administrative Procedures.
From the forms filled out by citizens in the electronic headquarters, to the procedure specifications (phases, processes, tasks. notifications, etc.) and the document templates used by public employees to process files.
The glue that puts all the pieces together. We develop processes which enable communication and understanding between different systems and applications: within your Organization, or with other Bodies or Entities.
- Control panel.
Once everything is flowing, you will start getting a lot of valuable information. It’s time to improve. Where do I have bottlenecks? How long do we take to process each type of file? Are the deadlines met? Are all my employees working equally? A control panel will help you answer all these questions and make the right decisions. See our
Your Organization has skills in different fields. And the management of these skills is not always the same in other equivalent Bodies. That is why it is unlikely to find an application on the market that meets all your needs.
We offer analysis, design and construction services and the implementation of application development in different web technologies (java, .NET, PHP, etc.), with different databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.).
We boast high knowledge of the computer system used by the Government of the Canary Islands, thanks to which we can reduce times and avoid surprises:
- Corporative technologies, tools and image;
- Cybercentre procedures: application deployments, security certifications, etc.;
- Cybercentre infrastructure, as application servers, of databases, communications, services;
- Platino interoperability platform, which is probably the company that uses most services;
- Electronic headquarters, having integrated it with file managers;
- Corporate portal, having contributed to the development of components currently used.
We have broad knowledge in Tourism, Environment, Health, Transport, Statistics, Security (especially in the police sector) and Personal (especially Human Resources).
Citizens expect to find in the Public Administration’s web portal the information they need, and to be able to carry out procedures without having to go anywhere, easily, without obstacles. Is your web portal ready?
Control panels, reports, data exploitation, warehouse data… is it the same? It all depends on the degree of information you need from the basic data you have.
We offer consulting services to help you determine what information you need and how to focus the project: control panels, reports, etc.
Public Administration has a lot of public data, which is useful for both citizens and companies. Many Bodies do not have the means to make it accessible. It is visible on other web portals but not accessible in formats that can be processed, manipulated, combined with others, etc. And this is what many collectives are interested in: universities, companies specializing in research and innovation projects; media, companies that devise new businesses for those who need this data: civil organizations which monitor transparency; or simply curious citizens.
We offer services to implement a project of open data in your organization:
- Data analysis of the Body. Choice of data to be published. Choice of level (stars) of open data, including RDFand Linked Open Data
- Implementation of the CKAN publication tool, the most implemented worldwide. And of the consultation tools in SPARQL.
- Process development to make selected data accessible.
What can we say about apps? They are present in everyday life. Citizens expect that Public Administrations provide useful services and information. However, they also expect to participate more actively in their community, providing information that allows the Administration to supply a better service, hence the boom of apps such as those that allow citizens to report incidents on public roads.
We offer analysis, design and construction services and the implementation of application development projects, knowing the citizens’ and Public Administration’s needs in the main systems: Android and iOS (Apple).
Part of Public Administration is mobile. One example is inspection. How do your inspectors work? Do they carry about minutes and other forms on paper? They probably have to mechanise them in their applications later. Do they take the file of the entity to be inspected to consult it before carrying out the inspection?
Imagine now your inspector with a Tablet or a small laptop, collecting data as well as pictures, videos and audios in situ, and all this information is automatically loaded in centralised applications, with the possibility of consulting data of the file directly.
We have solutions for your mobility, especially in inspection and statistics areas (conducting surveys).
We offer analysis, design, construction services and the implementation of mobility projects, including hardware and software, in online and offline structures, focusing on users and making their work easier.