Solutions for the health sector
At DESIC we have a team specialised in developing specific solutions for the health sector.
We have carried out multiple projects in health environments for both public and private clients, in areas related to management such as:
- Human Resources.
- Economic Resources
- Public Health.
- Administrative and financial management of agreements with associated centres.
- Health Card Management.
- Medical Assistance.
- Waiting List Management.
DESIC is one of the companies responsible for the execution of the contract with the Technical Office for Development of the Canarian Health Service.
Within this tender, DESIC is responsible for the project management of several applications, among which the following stand out:
- Health Card of the Canarian Health Service.
- Information System regarding agreements with other hospitals of the Canarian Health Service (SICH).
- Information System regarding supplementary benefits of the Canarian Health Service (SIPre).
- Epidemiological Surveillance Network of the Canarian Health Service (REVECA).
- Food Safety Information System of the Canarian Health Service.
- Digital Clinical History of the National Health System in the Canarian Health Service.
- Datawarehouse of the General Management Office of Healthcare Programmes, based on OBI.
DESIC took part in the creation of the former Customer Service Desk of the Canarian Health Service, now the ICT Service Desk of the Canarian Health Service (CSTIC, as per its Spanish acronym).
Solutions / Products
The computer system known as Centralised Management of Waiting Lists has been designed to be integrated within an organisation as complex and with as many information systems as the Health Service.
Regarding waiting lists, Health Services manage mainly information related to health-care, patient identification, information of economic nature and agreements with other hospitals.
The computer system for the centralised management of waiting lists is integrated with the Individual Health Card system (or population database of the Health Service), with the HIS of hospitals and Specialised Care Centres which manage the waiting lists for each hospital, and also with the information system that manages referrals to associated centres. It can also provide the Health Service with any information related to the Waiting List which is required by the National Health System.
The system for the Centralised Management of Waiting Lists provides:
- A J2EE Application (Java 2 Enterprise Edition) to be used by:
- The central unit for waiting lists to support all its activities.
- Hospitals to manage their waiting list, with restriction to see only its own data.
- A communication interface with all systems involved in the centralised management of waiting lists.
- An application that allows citizens to check their status on the surgery waiting list.
- A DataWarehouse for the management of information for decision-making, and for collecting statistical data. It allows knowing and managing all the information, thus reducing costs and increasing quality. Such management is carried out by using OBI (Oracle Business Intelligence).
This system is able to be integrated into a wider group of computer systems which ultimately comprise all the information.
The Permit and License Management application allows managing absences in a hospital, medical centre or a whole management office. This system allows managing telematically the full cycle for the approval of applications regarding permits and licenses, from the moment the application is submitted until it is approved or denied.
This System takes into account the involvement of middle management, of HR departments and of the contracting authorities, in case a substitute is needed.
This System has a service layer which enables the communication with the rest of the HR systems that a company has.
DESIC offers software deployment services for the GNU HEALTH free software. GNU HEALTH is a Free Software project for health professionals, health institutions and governments.
GNU Health provides functionalities related to Electronic Clinical History (ECH), Hospital Management and Health Information System (HIS) with different modules such as:
- Domiciliary Units
- Operational Sectors
- Health Centres
- Patient Evaluation / Appointments